Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a cannabis extract that many users prefer nowadays. Smoking, as a method to consume this product, is slowly and steadily being replaced by vaping. Vaping involves getting the effects of THC by heating without burning. The process of heating releases the product in a mist-like form without any smoke. This is because there is no complete combustion taking place. Removing combustion from the process increases the safety of ingesting THC. Combustion of THC produces carcinogens, tar, and ammonia, which increase health risks when you ingest them. Vaping may be more comfortable than smoking THC as it does not have the choking feeling, according to cannabisgenesis420.com.
First Things First, Safety
Making and mixing e-liquids for vaping can be catastrophic if done the wrong way. Before embarking on any alchemist project, make sure that everything is safe. Handling pure nicotine should not be done on a whim. You should protect yourself and others from chemical poisoning, burns, and spills.
Do your research beforehand to understand all the tools and chemicals required in the process. Use proper mixing tools, containers, and ingredients. You should also use safety goggles, gloves, Pyrex containers, and proper measuring tools. Do not rely on estimates. Make sure to have the right amount of ingredients by using calibrated containers, calculators, and thermometers to take measurements. Understand the strength of the ingredient and use them as recommended.
Important Safety Tips
Stay off pure nicotine. Pure nicotine is a lethal substance. Even 1 ml of the material can turn out to be lethal. Nicotine can seep into your body through the skin and cause fatal reactions. Pure nicotine spills are a danger to the people around you as well.
Do an allergy test. Everything that you ingest or inhale has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction. Vaping products can cause a series of reactions, from minor throat irritation to troubled breathing. Find out about potential reactions related to your ingredients.
You should use protective gloves and goggles at all times during the process. Have protective trays and funnels to prevent spills. In case you have spills, clean the area thoroughly with proper cleaning agents. If you suspect that you have come into contact with dangerous components, seek medical intervention.
Experience Is Important
Dealing with e-liquids requires experience. Do not wake up one day and decide to make vape juice on a whim. You should understand how vaping works. It is recommended that you have at least six months to a year of experience with vaping products. The best bet for a beginner is mixing pre-made vaping liquids. Pre-made e-liquids have the right nicotine strength. You can blend pre-made juices to make your own unique cocktail. With time and experience, you can make your own original juice.
Major Extraction Methods Of Extracting THC Vape Juice
Simply put, THC vape juice is a liquid extract from fresh cannabis flowers. The liquid extract contains terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids. There are several ways of extracting this liquid. Each of the three common methods has its requirements. The three common methods are:
- Rosin extraction
- Long-term vegetable glycerin extraction
- Fast-track vegetable glycerin extraction
Heating herbs to create vapors is a practice that dates back to the ancient Egyptians. With that in mind, rosin extraction is the preferred method of making THC vape juice for many users. This is because its results are the most potent, flavorful, and of the highest quality in comparison to other methods. It is also safer as it does not involve the use of any chemicals or solvents.
This process involves the application of low heat and pressure in making the THC juice. It works better when you have a good quantity of resinous flowers. There are other alternatives in case you do not have enough resinous flowers. One ideal alternative is live resin. Another involves making rosin from BHO wax.
To make THC vape juice at home, below are the things you need to have before you start.
- Dried marijuana flowers of your choice
- Terpene solution
- Parchment paper
- Hair straightener
- Small mixing glass vial
- Dropper bottle
- First, choose a good quantity of buds and place them in between the parchment paper. The buds must be with the least amount of seeds and be as dense as possible. The ideal weight to get around 0.6 grams of THC vape juice is to use around 3 grams of buds. Now switch on the hair straightener and set it to around 121 degrees centigrade or 250 degrees Fahrenheit. This is normally the lowest temperature setting for most hair straighteners. If yours has a higher temperature setting, you may have to switch it on for a while then turn it off when it gets too hot. You may have to keep doing this until the end of the process.
- Now arrange the enfolded buds between the irons of the hair straightener while putting some pressure. As the resin drips from the flowers, maintain the pressure on the buds. When they cease dripping, remove them and repeat the process until you get the desired amount. The dry residue remaining is rosin.
- Refrigerate the rosin while still in the parchment paper for around 20 minutes. Next, remove it from the parchment paper and into the glass vial. Here you may add any flavoring or terpenes.
- Flash heat the vial with rosin and flavoring oil by holding a flame under the container until it starts to bubble. Remove the flame and mix the solution using a toothpick. Draw the mixture using a syringe and inject it into your vaping device.
Long-term Vegetable Glycerin Extraction Of THC Vape Juice
This process is long and requires a lot of patience. To avoid the health risks from illicit companies, it’s a good idea to do it yourself at home. The process involves low temperatures and long periods of downtime for the mixture to diffuse. To do this, you will need:
- Cannabis buds of your choice
- Food-grade vegetable glycerin
- Aluminum foil
- Oven-safe bowl
- Rice press
- Airtight sealable glass container
- Bottle for the final product
- Using your hands, break up the flowers into bits. Do not use a grinder as the pieces will be too small, hence disrupting the process.
- Evenly place aluminum foil over the oven-safe bowl and spread the flowers over it. Heat your oven to 121 degrees Celsius. Now place the oven-safe with the flowers for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, put the buds in a jar, add some vegetable glycerin, and stir. Continue adding vegetable glycerin and stirring until it becomes thick and clumpy. Put the lid on the jar and put a sticker with the date and store it for one month.
- A month later, open the jar and stir the mixture. Then add a tablespoon of vegetable glycerin, stir and store for another month. Do this again the following month.
- Once the last month is up, stir the mixture again. Using a spatula to assist you, strain the mixture through the sieve into a separate glass jar. Carefully clean the original glass jar and sieve. Place four layers of cheesecloth and strain the vape juice through it and back to the original jar.
- Use a syringe to put the vape juice into your vaping device.
Fast-track Vegetable Glycerin Extraction Of THC Vape Juice
This process is a faster process of long-term vegetable glycerin extraction. Prepare the following:
- Marijuana flowers that you prefer
- Food-grade vegetable glycerin (VG)
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Two Pyrex dishes – large and small
- Two glass jars
- Two thermometers
- Rubber spatula
- Metallic spoon
- Break up the flowers into the small Pyrex dish. Add a little VG and then stir. Continue adding until the flowers are soaked.
- Put enough vegetable or canola oil into the large dish to cover an inch of it. Put it on the stove with a thermometer inside. Heat it to 104 degrees Celsius.
- Put the small Pyrex dish into the large one with the hot oil and submerge the second thermometer in the small dish. Let it heat to around 82 degrees Celsius. This helps the cannabinoids to circulate into the VG. Keep this temperature stable as you stir regularly for 45 minutes.
- Take the small Pyrex dish out of the large one and set it aside to cool for some time. Next, place a fine mesh strainer on a clean glass jar to sieve the mixture. You may use a spatula to press the bud to extract as much of the extract as possible. Repeat the process using fresh VG every time.
- Now thoroughly clean your sieve and dry it. Place it on another clean glass jar and put roughly four layers of cheesecloth. Using a spatula to help in the process, pour the vape juice onto the cheesecloth over the clean glass jar.
- Next, put the pure vape juice back in the small Pyrex dish. Heat the large Pyrex dish with oil and place the small dish with pure vape inside with a thermometer. Keep the temperature at 104 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. This causes decarboxylation, which is the conversion of cannabinoid THCA to psychoactive THC.
- The process is now complete, so you may use a syringe to load your vape device.
Some e-liquid packages come with an expiration date. It is important to consider the shelf life of your product. There is no FDA guidance on the exact shelf life of e-liquids. Nicotine is estimated to have a shelf life of one to two years when stored correctly. Adding some flavors and other components to your vaping juice will affect its shelf life. Storage for your product can affect its shelf life. Some e-liquids produce sediments after a while.
When storing your vaping juice, beware of the possible effects of heat, light, and air. When your vaping juice comes into contact with these three components, a chemical reaction is triggered. You should store your e-vaping juice in a cool dark place. Store them away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Cover them up to prevent oxidation.
The best way to store your vape juice is in small glass containers. Putting it in a large container will allow more headroom for air, and oxidation will happen. Seal the containers tightly and store them away from light and heat. Do not put them in the freezer. Different components freeze at different temperatures. Freezing your vaping juice causes damage to the ingredients. Remember to store your products away from pets and children.
If you want to test your product and notice an inconsistency, it is best you discard it. A change in taste and smell indicates that your product has gone bad. If it has an unusual smell, viscosity, or color, do not use it. If the consistency has changed drastically, do not consume. This is why it is important to understand all the components of the process. If you don’t, you may not notice when any of the components are not safe for consumption.
As is evident in cannabisgenesis420.com, you have an option of buying your THC vape juice online if you are unable to make it yourself. However, you may be residing in an area where this is unavailable or illegal to buy for recreational purposes. The steps provided herein can help you achieve what you desire in terms of THC vaping.
Do extensive research on the processes, reactions, and materials that you will use. The processes may seem easy but are not without risk. Ensure that all ingredients you use are of good quality to reduce the chances of complications. Take the safety measures seriously. Use the right ingredients and mixing tools. Use the right containers for storage. Store your vape juice under the right conditions. Do not consume large amounts of DIY vaping juice without conducting an allergy test first.